To celebrate Mary Poppins Festival, join friendly faces as you wander the urban landscape of Maryborough’s historic CBD, sketching what you see. Then share your art at the throw down.
Nestled on the banks of the mighty Mary River, Maryborough is a beautiful town, rich in history, industry and culture, the choice of stunning architecture and scenery is a feast for the eye and inspiring to those wanting a diverse urban landscape.
The Urban Sketchers mission is to raise the artistic, storytelling and educational value of on-location drawing, promoting its practice and connecting people around the world who draw on location where they live and travel.
"See the world, one building at a time".
Meet: 9:30am at Gatakers Creative Space, 311 Kent Street Maryborough. (A quick meet and greet, then disperse throughout the city streets.)
Regather: 11:30am outside Gatakers Artpsace Space. (A “throw down” our morning's artwork followed by a stimulating chat about the art.)
Bring: Art supplies, hat, small seat, umbrella, etc.
All ages and skill levels welcome!
Visit the Urban Sketchers Maryborough Qld Facebook group to find out more.
Urban Sketchers Manifesto
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.
Photo: Cody Fox